Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Everyone in the Cipher Challenge family was a newbie once upon a time, and that includes Harry! If you are new this year, take a moment to say hi, and if you have any questions post them here, or in the “Help!” topic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI!

Can’t wait to get started on this! We’re all very excited.

Our school finishes at 4pm, I know this won’t matter for the first few challenges but it says that later on it gets a bit more competitive for points. Will we be able to compete for maximum points?

Thanks for setting this up, it looks like so much fun!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hotel india, tango hotel alpha november kilo sierra foxtrot oscar romeo sierra echo tango tango india november golf tango hotel india sierra uniform papa. india’ lima lima tango romeo yankee mike yankee bravo echo sierra tango!

Harry
    Keymaster

Tango Hotel Alpha Tango India Sierra Bravo India Lima Lima India Alpha November Tango!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shouldn’t it be “Tango Hotel Alpha Tango India Sierra Bravo ROMEO India Lima Lima India Alpha November Tango!”?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought I’d share a puzzle I made up the other day:

To what book does the following phrase refer?
    (spelt phonetically)

“Sign-app T, nod.”

Harry
    Keymaster

Whoops, probably, but on the other hand I quite like the sound of “Billiant”. Maybe it means, “like a duck”? Any other, better definitions?

Harry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today’s puzzle will be:
    (fill in the blank)

“Nobody __________ 1478”

The size of the gap put in bears no relevance to the question.

Harry
    Keymaster

You’ve got me! I have no idea what this one is about!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can give a clue for yesterday’s puzzle:

If you’re having trouble with this one, don’t panic, just write out whatever letters you think produces that pronunciation, and it’s a simple problem from there. (just remember that you’ve likely written the letters out slightly wrong.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

Just wanted to say hi to others on the forum. I saw this over the summer and added it to my favourites to join when it started again. I can’t wait to try this out.

P.S. Just checking, we don’t have to do anything until the first challenge starts…?

Harry
    Keymaster

Welcome Aurora. If you are comfortable with the easier ciphers you can put your feet up for now!

All the best,

Harry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today’s puzzle will be even shorter, a favourite of mine:

Which emoji?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi! I’m actually quite excited to be here. Thanks for starting this series of challenges up! I can’t wait to get started.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll also give a clue to my second puzzle, which is that the 1478 is the start of something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.